Collection of Personal Data
To ensure and enable TurboJET to provide quality and satisfactory services to customers, TurboJET may have to collect customers' personal data under various situations.
TurboJET will ensure that customers will be clearly informed of the purpose(s) of collection and usage. Customers will be reminded in clear terms that they have the right to decline such collection of personal data and the corresponding implications, if any. TurboJET may be unable to follow up and/or provide customers with the requested services under certain circumstances if customers fail to provide the required information.
Where customers use TurboJET's website as a link to other websites, customers are reminded that once the link is established customers are no longer with TurboJET's website. TurboJET has no control over these other websites and therefore TurboJET hereby expressly disclaims all liability for adverse consequences that may arise where customers should disclose their personal data to these websites.
Accuracy and Retention
Although TurboJET will use its best endeavour to check, in so far as circumstances allow, that all data collected are accurate; customers should ensure and should provide TurboJET with data that are true, update, accurate and complete regard being had to the purpose(s) for which the personal data are collected.
TurboJET will not retain customers' personal data for period longer than that where TurboJET will require such data for use.
Use of Personal Data
The personal data collected may be used for the following purposes or any purposes directly related to them:
- verifying the identity of customers in connection with any of the services or goods that may be supplied to customers;
- reservation and/or use TurboJET's ferry services by customers;
- following-up with customers regarding suggestions/enquiries/complaints;
- promoting, marketing and advertising of any goods and/or services to customers by TurboJET;
- business planning and improving goods and/or services for supply to customers by TurboJET ;
- processing of any benefits in connection with the supply of goods and services to customers;
- analyzing, verifying and/or checking of customers' credit, payment and/or status in relation to supply of goods and services of TurboJET to customers;
- processing of any payment instructions, direct debit facilities and/or credit facilities in relation to supply of goods and services of TurboJET to customers or requested by customers;
- enabling TurboJET to comply with any obligations to interconnect, with other industry practices, or with obligations to third parties or government agencies in relation to the supply of goods and services of TurboJET to customers;
- prevention or detection of crime;
- disclosure as permitted or required by law; and
- any other purposes as may be agreed to between customers and TurboJET, including the purposes set out in any application or terms and conditions for the supply of specific goods and services from time to time.
TurboJET will take reasonable steps and measures to protect the personal data of customers against unauthorized access, processing or erasure. Access to the personal data collected without appropriate authorization are strictly prohibited. Authorizations are granted only on a "need to know" basis that is commensurate with the staff's responsibilities and their training.
Transfer of Personal Data
Personal data collected may be transferred under anyone or more than one of the following circumstances:
(a). Where TurboJET is acting in compliance of law, a court order and/or as requested by law enforcement agencies.
(b). Where the transfer is rendered necessary for purpose of processing payment where customers paid for TurboJET's services by the use of credit card or online PPS method.
Access and Correction of Personal Data
In accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486) of the Laws of Hong Kong, customers who provided TurboJET with their personal data are entitled to check with TurboJET as to whether their personal data had been held and request access to such data. TurboJET reserves the right to verify the identity of the customers requesting access and may refuse the request if the identity of the customer is in issue. TurboJET will handle any such access requests promptly and a reply will be given in not more than 30 days counting from the date of receipt of the request.
Except as provided in the next paragraph and subject to TurboJET's revision at any time and from time to time without prior notice, an administration fee will be charged for each data access request.
The charges stated in the previous paragraph shall not apply, however, where customers either request access to their personal data or for correction of the same relating to personal data provided for membership application relating to on-line reservation of tickets in which case customers can simply visit the following website - www.turbojet.com.hk to check the required information and perform on spot correction themselves.